Friday, July 25, 2008

My Family


As I was blogging today I was sitting in Tanner's room and he was in his crib just cooing and making the sweet noise he makes and it made me get teary eyed thinking that my wonderful husband and I have two beautiful kids and that we are very lucky. My mom while I was pregnant with each child got me a book and the books are "Mother to Daughter" and "Mother to Son" I look at this books at night reading just a few pages and storing them in the back of my mind. I want to share a few of my favorite with you from each book.
Mother to Daughter:
*Start now to be the kind of mother you always wanted to be. Don't wait until she is eighteen.
*Keep in mind that all she wants to be doing-for the greatest part of her young life-is what you are doing.
*Remember, the traditions you establish now will be passed on to her daughter.
*Never let her question that you love her unconditionally.
Mother to Son:
*Accept the fact that boys and girls are different.
*Don't forget as a baby, he will always be looking for your face. It will be that way forever.
*Watch out when you're changing his diaper. baby boys shoot straight in the air.
*You'll remember his laughter at this age forever.
I am very thankful that God blessed me with a great family and look forward to spending the rest of my life with John and us raising our kids to the best of our ability. Love you all and God Bless!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Stephanie you are very lucky to have such a wonderful family, John and two great children.
Those quotes are great! Books like that are the ones you will remember forever.